Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fraction...

My man Matt Fraction is thinking big thoughts. In case you don't know him, what the hell's wrong with you? He's a writer of high talent and high style, one who drops comic book love in lots of flavors. You want a dusty '70s heist book? Last of the Independents. You want scientists getting all scientifical with truth and justice? Five Fists of Science. You want a twisted, wicked smart spy-fi book that's like Our Man Flint on more acid than it already was? Casanova. And he's working with Ed Frikkin' Brubaker on Iron Fist for Marvel.

Yeah, I know.

And now he's thinking about a book on Lincoln.

He's one of those guys who, if I didn't already like him, I'd have to drag him into a dark alley and go to work on him with a pair of pliers and a blow torch...simply so I didn't have to worry about the competition.

It's hard enough trying to break into comics without guys like him walking around, thinking up The Nuts.

No comments: