Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mea Culpa

I have been away, and too long, I know. And what's more, I left you with nothing but a Kirk/Spock slash video. Unforgivable. (Unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing. Then, you're welcome.)

Things have been a little crazy. Toronto kicked my ass a bit. (I know you may think it's easy, but seeing 14 movies in 3 days is exhausting. You can play that smallest violin all you want: When you don't really control the programming and have to jockey all over town, from theater to theater, to see movies that, on the whole, aren't good, it'll take some of the punch out of you.)

Got back to the real world to face a little apocalypse at work: One of my mentors is leaving, after being with EW since the very beginning. The news of his departure left a crater-like wound in the week, and its fall-out will color the rest of my year. Then had some writing to do: The second issue of that Wildstorm mini isn't gonna write itself, no matter how much we beg.

Plus, a back-to-school night, a 3am marathon at the office, and, occasionally, seeing the wife and playing with the kids. Been a little busy. But I'm back on the stick, as they say.

No comments: